IMS means optional services provided at a facility by a health care practitioner, or staff under the supervision of a health care practitioner, to address medical issues associated with detoxification, treatment, or recovery services. IMS must be provided at the facility in compliance with the community standard of practice. Prior to DHCS approval, the residential facility shall demonstrate how the following IMSwill be provided:
• Obtaining medical histories;
• Monitoring health status;
• Testing associated with detoxification from alcohol or drugs;
• Providing alcoholism or drug abuse recovery or treatment services;
• Overseeing patient self-administered medications;
• Treating substance abuse disorders, including detoxification.